Things To Do
Alderwood Resort is located in the heart of lake country in northern Wisconsin. Outdoor adventures await you both on the water and in the woods.
- Area Map: Manitowish Waters Hot Spots
- Lake Map: Manitowish Chain of 10 Lakes Map
- Adventure Guide: Check out the Northerly Collective Adventure Guide to northern Wisconsin
- Boat Rentals: Greer’s Pier Marina, Northwoods Pontoon Rentals, Little Star Garage, Waters Marine, and Boulder Marine Center, Coontail Sports.
- Fishing Guide Service: Bob's Manitowish Guide Service
- Live Bait and Outdoor Store: Townline Sports, St Croix Rods Factory Store
- Local Fishing Reports: Manitowish Waters Report, Vilas County Fishing Updates
- Hiking: North Lakeland Discovery Center Trails, Powell Marsh Wildlife Area, Catherine Wolters Wilderness Area, Porcupine Mountains, Waterfalls of Iron County
- Biking: Beginning in Manitowish Waters, The Heart of Vilas County Bike Trail, has over 45 miles of paved bike trails. WinMan Trails offers mountain biking trails. Bike rentals available through Coontail Sports.
- Exploring: Shop in Boulder Junction, Fall Color Drives, Stormy Kromer Factory Tour and Store
- Breweries/Distilleries: Minocqua Brewing Co., Rocky Reef Brewing Co., Northern Waters Distillery
- Kids Activities: Northwoods Children's Museum, Fred Scheers Lumberjack Show, Funny Farm Fisheries, MW Skiing Skeeters Ski Show
- Golf Courses: Trout Lake Golf Club, Timber Ridge Golf Club, Plum Lake Golf Club
- For more recommendations, please contact me or the Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce. We would love to share our favorites with you!
May We Suggest
Casual Dining: Fine Dining:
Late Night Entertainment: