Things To Do
Located in the heart of lake country in northern Wisconsin, adventure awaits you both on the water + in the woods.
- Area Map: Manitowish Waters Hot Spots
- Lake Map: Manitowish Chain of 10 Lakes Map
- Adventure Guide: Check out the Northerly Collective Adventure Guide to northern Wisconsin
- Boat Rentals: Greer’s Pier Marina, Northwoods Pontoon Rentals, Little Star Garage, Waters Marine, and Boulder Marine Center, Coontail Sports.
- Fishing Guide Service: Bob's Manitowish Guide Service
- Live Bait and Outdoor Store: Townline Sports, St Croix Rods Factory Store
- Local Fishing Reports: Manitowish Waters Report, Vilas County Fishing Updates
- Hiking: North Lakeland Discovery Center Trails, Powell Marsh Wildlife Area, Catherine Wolters Wilderness Area, Porcupine Mountains, Waterfalls of Iron County
- Biking: Beginning in Manitowish Waters, The Heart of Vilas County Bike Trail, has over 45 miles of paved bike trails. WinMan Trails offers mountain biking trails. Bike rentals available through Coontail Sports.
- Exploring: Shop in Boulder Junction, Fall Color Drives, Stormy Kromer Factory Tour and Store
- Breweries/Distilleries: Minocqua Brewing Co., Rocky Reef Brewing Co., Northern Waters Distillery
- Kids Activities: Northwoods Children's Museum, Fred Scheers Lumberjack Show, Funny Farm Fisheries, MW Skiing Skeeters Ski Show
- Golf Courses: Trout Lake Golf Club, Timber Ridge Golf Club, Plum Lake Golf Club
- For more recommendations, please contact me or the Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce. We would love to share our favorites with you!
- For all area events, visit the Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce
- For nature classes and presentations, visit the North Lakeland Discovery Center
- Manitowish Skiing Skeeters: Free waterski show performed at Rest Lake Park (June – August)
- Music in the Park: Free concert in Koller Park on Sunday afternoons, 4PM to 6PM (May-September)
- Lion's Club Bingo: Mondays at 7 pm at the MW Town Hall
- Cranberry Marsh Tours, learn about Wisconsin's state fruit on this free tour on Fridays at 10AM (July - September). Tour begins at the Manitowish Waters Community Center.