Experience Manitowish Waters
- July - September: Learn about Wisconsin's state fruit, the cranberry, grown right in the Alder Lake neighborhood on a Cranberry Marsh Tours. Free tours are on Fridays at 10AM beginning at the Manitowish Waters Community Center.
- September + October: Stay at Alderwood Resort and receive a free personal tour of our 4th generation family farm, Bartling's Manitowish Cranberry Co. Walk next to the floating berries, see berries being knocked off the vine, and tour our receiving operation. For more information or to schedule a tour, send us a message.
Located in the heart of lake country in northern Wisconsin, adventure awaits you both on the water + in the woods. From biking and hiking to experiencing cranberry harvest during peak fall colors, opportunities are endless and diverse. Enjoy!
- Boat Rentals: Greer’s Pier Marina, Northwoods Pontoon Rentals, Little Star Garage, Waters Marine, and Boulder Marine Center, Coontail Sports.
- Bait Store + Fishing Guide: Townline Sports, Rick McClellan Guide Service
- Points of Interest: St Croix Rods Factory Store, Fall Color Drives, Stormy Kromer Factory Tour and Store
- Hiking: North Lakeland Discovery Center Trails, Powell Marsh Wildlife Area, Catherine Wolters Wilderness Area, Porcupine Mountains, Waterfalls of Iron County
- Biking: Beginning in Manitowish Waters, The Heart of Vilas County Bike Trail, has over 45 miles of paved bike trails. WinMan Trails offers mountain biking trails. Bike rentals available through Coontail Sports.
- Fitness Center: Manitowish Athletic Club
- Breweries/Distilleries: Minocqua Brewing Co., Rocky Reef Brewing Co., Northern Waters Distillery
- Golf Courses: Trout Lake Golf Club, Timber Ridge Golf Club, Plum Lake Golf Club
- Kids Activities: Northwoods Children's Museum, Fred Scheers Lumberjack Show, North Lakeland Discovery Center's Nature Nook
- Waterski Show: Manitowish Skiing Skeeters perform at Rest Lake Park (June – August)
- Free Concert Series: Music in the Park every Sunday in Koller Park 4PM to 6PM (May – September)
- Lion's Club Bingo: Mondays at 7 pm at the MW Town Hall